At The Diplomat Hotel we take great care to provide you with the best and most helpful information, and invite and advise all our visitors to read and understand our terms and conditions carefully before finalizing their bookings.
By making a booking, you also accept and agree with all terms and conditions set out below. The terms and conditions are all standard to the industry.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Business”||means any business, trade, craft, or profession carried on by You or any other person/organisation;|
|“Consumer”||means a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and in relation to these Terms and Conditions means an individual customer or guest of the Hotel who receives Services for his/her personal use and for purposes wholly or mainly outside the purposes of any Business;|
|“Hotel/We/Us/Our”||means The Diplomat Hotel and its premises and place of business, and whose contact address is 2 Chesham Street, London, SW1X 8DT.|
|“Price List”||means the Hotel’s standard price list of Rates. The Price List is available from Hotel website or reception desk.|
|“Rates”||means the prices payable for provision of room accommodation and (where applicable) other Services;|
|“Regulations”||means The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013;|
|“Services”||means provision of accommodation in rooms and any and all other facilities, services and items which We offer at the Hotel, including food and drink.|
|“You/Your”||means an individual who is a customer of the Hotel who agrees to pay both for him/herself as a paying guest of the Hotel and also for members of his/her party and any of his/her guests;|
- Unless the context otherwise requires, each reference in these Terms and Conditions to:
- “these Terms and Conditions” is a reference to these Terms and Conditions as amended or supplemented at the relevant time; and
- a Clause or sub-Clause is a reference to a Clause of these Terms and Conditions;
- The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Words signifying imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice versa; and
- References to any gender shall include the other gender.
- You may book to make a reservation for a room or other Services in advance through The Hotel website, telephone, in person or email.
- When You request Us to make a reservation, You must provide Us with Your identification information including, but not limited to, Your name, address, contact telephone number and email address;
- You must give Us payment details for any reservation at the time of [booking] [at check-in]. [We will take Your credit/debit card details and You authorise the use of this card for any sums that become due to U] Unless the booking for the reservation expressly states that You must pay at the time of reservation or at the time of check in, We will not take any payment from You for it until the time indicated in Clause 3 below;
- Your request to Us to make a reservation for You will be an offer, but whether We accept any such request will be for Us to decide in Our discretion. Only if and when We tell You that We accept Your request for a particular reservation and We give You a booking reference will there be a booking. Only that acceptance of the booking will be a binding contract between You and Us for the reservation of a room or other Service reserved;
- You may change Your reservation at any time before You arrive (subject to the cancellation provisions set out in Clause 4 below). We will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate Your requested changes, but We do not promise that all changes that You request will be accommodated;
- Instead of making a reservation in advance, You may make a booking when You arrive, and if We have availability of the type of room or the particular room or other Services that You request at that time, We will accept Your request for the booking, but We cannot promise that any room(s) or particular room(s) requested or such requested Services will be available; and
- You may request additional nights at the Hotel at any time during Your stay. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet such a request, and if We can meet any request We will accept the request as a booking and that booking will then be a binding contract between You and Us.
- If you have contracted, been tested for or are suspected of having contracted any infectious disease, you must inform us prior to your arrival, in which case we may cancel your reservation in accordance with clause 4.3.
- Fees and Payment
- We make details of Rates including, where applicable, promotional Rates and other special offers available Hotel website, at the Hotel reception, by email/post.. All Rates shown in our Price List include VAT;
- When You request a reservation and We quote any Rate(s), the Rate(s) will apply only to provision of hotel bedroom accommodation unless We specifically state otherwise.
[However, the Rate(s) will include all facilities which the Hotel has in all its standard and other bedrooms, and these are: [TV], [coffee and tea making facilities], [hairdryer], [iron], [ironing board], [trouser press], [refrigerator], [safe].
Additional charges will apply (and You may refer to them in Our Price List) for other Services including, but not limited to, car parking, meals, drinks, room service, use of wireless internet access, [refrigerator], [use of a safe (in Your room or at reception)] leisure, fitness or entertainment facilities or activities], use of any function or other rooms, or any other equipment, services or facilities. We will inform You of Rates payable for such additional Services on request when You arrive at the Hotel;
- Subject to sub-Clause 3.4 below, and unless We agree a different arrangement with You, We shall give you an invoice for all sums due and payable to Us and You must pay that invoice in full when You check-out from the Hotel;
- The following will apply to any promotional Rates that We may offer from time to time:
- Unless We specifically state otherwise, You must pay in full at the time of booking for a reservation to which a promotional Rate applies and We will not have to give You any refund except where Clause 4 specifically states that We must do so ;
- If You incur charges during Your stay in addition to the promotional Rate for the reservation of a room, We will invoice them and You must pay for them as required by sub-Clause 3.3 above; and
- If you request any additional nights and We accept the request as a booking under sub-Clause 2.7 above, You must pay for the additional nights at the [promotional Rate] OR [the standard Rate];
- You may pay Us for Services (and for any deposit or other advance payment on account of that payment) by Credit/debit card, Cash and Money transfer.
3.6 We may alter any of Our Rates without prior notice but if the Rate of any Service increases between the time when You make a booking and the date when the booked room accommodation or other Service is to be provided, any increase in the Rate will not apply to Your booking;
3.7 Whether these Terms and Conditions require payment upon booking or on check out or at any other time, You must pay in full for any reservation booked and will not be entitled to any refund, except as stated in sub-Clause 3.8; and
3.8 Where Clause 4 specifically says that You will be entitled to a (full or partial) refund, or where you become entitled to any refund either as a result of Our breach of these Terms & Conditions or as a “consumer” under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or other consumer protection legislation, We will make a refund to You as set out in Clause 4 or as required by such legislation.
- Unless You pay in advance for a booking at a promotional Rate, You may cancel a reservation without charge if You give Us prior notice of at least 48 hours before the earliest check in time for your reservation before the earliest check in time we have given You for Your reservation. If You cancel under this sub-Clause 4.1, We will refund to You in full any sum (including, but not limited to any deposit) You paid in advance and You will not then owe Us anything;
4.2 If You cancel but do not give Us at least 48 hours before the earliest check in time for your reservation prior notice of cancellation of a reservation, We will be entitled to charge You a Late Cancellation Charge calculated as set out at sub-Clause 4.4 below;
4.3 We may, at any time before You check in, cancel a reservation booked by You in the following circumstances:
4.3.1 The required accommodation and/or personnel and/or other resources necessary for the provision of the room are not available due to any cause outside Our reasonable control. If We cancel a reservation in such circumstances, We will offer You alternative accommodation of the same standard or better if it is available. If it is not available or We offer it to You and You decline it, We will refund to You in full any deposit or other advance payment that You have made to Us for Your reservation; or
4.3.2 If You have not paid for Your stay in full in advance of check in and You do not arrive by 20:00 on the first day when You are due to stay at the Hotel. In that case We shall be entitled to re-let Your room after that time unless You have notified Us in advance of Your late arrival and We have agreed to a late check in. If We cancel under this sub-Clause, We will be entitled to charge You a Late Cancellation Charge as if You had cancelled under sub-Clause 4.2 above. We shall attempt to contact You to inform You of that cancellation; or
4.3.3 We find that you are not a “Consumer” (as defined in Clause 1 above), and in that case We will refund to You in full any deposit or other advance payment that You have made to Us for Your reservation; and
4.4 A “Late Cancellation Charge” means and will comprise the net financial loss that We suffer due to Your cancellation [The calculation will take fully into account and give credit for any amount for any or all of the stay that You booked that We receive from another person for Your room. We shall use reasonable endeavours to let Your room to someone else for this purpose.] The Late Cancellation Charge shall be limited to whichever of the following is the lesser amount, either 100% of the full price (at the Rate applicable) of Your booking for the whole duration of the stay that You booked or one night’s stay at the Rate specified in Your reservation. We may take the Late Cancellation Charge when or after You cancel using the payment details You provided when You made the reservation. We will be entitled to deduct some or all of the Late Cancellation Charge from any sum You paid Us in advance and to keep the amount deducted, and We shall refund to You any balance of the advance payment from You.
- Check-in and Check-out
- The earliest check-in time at the Hotel is 14:30.
- Guests may be asked to provide proof of identify upon check-in. Acceptable forms of identification are a passport or driving licence.
- The latest time by which You must vacate Your room and check-out from the Hotel is 11:30. We may beforehand agree at Our discretion to an arrangement for a later time for vacating Your room and/or check-out but if We have not agreed to a later time and You do not vacate Your room and check out by the above latest time. We will be entitled to charge You for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable Rate; [and]
- If We have agreed and arranged a late check-out under sub-Clause 5.3 above, We shall be entitled to charge You at an hourly rate for the additional time from our standard latest check out time until the time You check out, and We shall give You details of the hourly rate of that charge when You request a late check-out time.
- Hotel Rules
- You must conduct Yourself in a reasonable and responsible manner at all times when on Hotel property and must not act in any which may disturb other guests. If You do not, We may ask You to leave the Hotel and in that case, You must immediately pay Us all sums due;
- You shall occupy the room as bare licensee only and no relationship of landlord and tenant shall be created by the Guest’s use of the room. The Hotel retains control, possession and management of the room and the Guest agrees that s/he shall not have exclusive possession of any room. The Hotel may in its absolute discretion move the Guest and/or allow Hotel employees access to service, repair, tidy and clean the room from time to time.
- You may not smoke in any indoor public areas and any rooms of the Hotel;
- If You do not comply with sub-Clause 6.2 We may charge You for any and all costs We incur by the Hotel in cleaning the room (including, but not limited to, fixtures, fittings and soft furnishings) and restoring it to a smoke-free environment;
- You may not bring an animal into the Hotel except for a guide dog.
- You may not use any electrical appliances that may set off fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
- You may not prevent our management, housekeeping and/or maintenance staff from having access to your room as and when required, with housekeeping being permitted full access at least once every two days;
- Any child under the age of 16 may only stay at the Hotel if accompanied by an adult aged at least
- We will charge You for any and all damage caused by You to any Hotel property during Your stay.
- All of the above rules will also apply to members of Your party and Your guests, and You shall be responsible for any breach of the above rules by any of them.
- If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the Hotel, other guests or their property, you as the Guest who is making the booking will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to us on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
- If you or your group caused damage to the Hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms or conditions, we reserve the right to: cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) require you to leave the Hotel; 2. remove your items from the room and the Hotel, disposing of such items in the event that you do not collect them within 7 days of removal; 3. retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation; or refuse future reservations from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our Hotels.
- We will not be liable to refund or compensate you in the event of the any of the circumstances arising in clause 6.12.
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these Conditions (as may be updated from time to time) whether the reservation is in that name or not.
- We reserve the right to change your room allocation at any point during your stay for any reason.
- Food and Drink
- As referred to in sub-Clause 3.2 above, unless We specifically state otherwise, food and drinks are not included in any Rate(s) for bedroom accommodation, and unless We have specifically stated or do state otherwise, We will make additional charges to You for them in accordance with sub-Clause 3.2 above;
- If You or any of Your party or guests have any special dietary requirements, You should inform Us of them in advance of Your arrival. We will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate those requirements and, where this is not possible, tell You that We are unable to do so; and
- We will tell You times of meals when You arrive.
- Disabled Customers
- We fully comply with all laws from time to time in force regulating the treatment of, and provision for, disabled customers; and
- If you have any special requirements pertaining to a disability, You should inform Us of them before You arrive.
- Limitation of Liability
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that You may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by You and Us when Our contract with You is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable;
- We provide all Services only for Your personal and private use/purposes. We make no warranty or representation that products, or other goods or materials that We provide or sell are fit for commercial, business, industrial, trade, craft or professional purposes of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity;
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- Furthermore, if you are a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or a consumer for the purposes of any other consumer protection legislation, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude, limit, prejudice, or otherwise affect any of Our duties or obligations to You, or Your rights or remedies, or Our liability to You, under:
- the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- the Regulations;
- the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other consumer protection legislation;
as that legislation is amended from time to time.
For more details of Your legal rights please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
We may from time to time change these Terms and Conditions without giving You notice.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
We are required by the Regulations to ensure that certain information is given or made available to You as a Consumer before We make Our contract with You (i.e. before We accept Your request to make a booking) except where that information is already apparent from the context of the transaction. We have included the information itself either in these Terms and Conditions for You to see now, or We will make it available to You before We accept Your request to make a booking. All of that information will, as required by the Regulations, be part of the terms of Our contract with You as a Consumer.
As required by the Regulations:
- all of the information described in Clause 12; and
- any other information which We give to You about any Services or the Hotel which You take into account when deciding to make a booking or when making any other decision about the Services;
will be part of the terms of Our contract with You as a Consumer.
We always welcome feedback from Our guests and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from You if you have any cause for complaint. If You have any complaint about Our Services or any other complaint about the Hotel or any of Our staff, please raise the matter with the relevant General Manager who can be contacted at the Hotel
by post (Diplomat hotel, 2 Chesham st. London, SW1X 8DT), Phone (+44(0)207 235 15 44) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FORCE MAJEURE
We shall not be in breach of these Conditions nor shall we be liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under these Conditions if such failure or delay results from event, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to power failure, internet service provider failure, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terror or any other event that is beyond our control.
- NO WAIVER
If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Conditions, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you or that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive any rights, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any right related to any later default by you.
Each clause of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Conditions, any contract between us and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute or claim arising out of these Conditions, any contract between us and relationship between us shall be settled by the courts of England and Wales.