The Diplomat Hotel is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Diplomat Hotel may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/07/2019.
Because we consider you an important guest of The Diplomat Hotel, our first priority is to offer you a stay that makes you want to come back for more. Your complete satisfaction and confidence in The Diplomat Hotel, as well as your privacy is absolutely essential to us.
- Personal data
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a person.
The information we might collect may include: information relating to a stay with us or any purchase you may make, your personal characteristics, your passport number, travel history, payment information, your guest preferences, and groups with whom you may be associated.
We gather this information to assist us in providing the best service we reasonably can to you, and to all our customers and guests.
You are entitled to have access to the personal data held about you. If you would like to see a copy of the personal data held by us please email us at email@example.com.
- Use of personal data
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests: Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
- Improving our hotel service, especially: processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes, adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements, customising commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you, informing you of special offers and any new services at The Diplomat Hotel.
- Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay: segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications, predicting and anticipating future behaviours, knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers, sending newsletters, promotions, hotel or service offers, managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions and satisfaction surveys, taking into account the right to object.
- Securing and enhancing your use of The Diplomat hotel website, especially: Improving navigation, Implementing security and fraud prevention.
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
- Protection of data
- When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
- We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this policy.
- We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing in compliance with the provisions of the law.
- You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will ensure reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorised use, disclosure or access.
- We may share your personal data with third parties for payment processing, email services and other services essential to the running of the business (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this policy. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
- Third party access to your data
To guarantee you the right of access and amendment, we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- In order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorised personnel from The Diplomat Hotel, including:
Hotel staff Reservation staff using The Diplomat Hotel reservation tools IT departments Commercial partners and marketing services such as an email service provider Medical services if applicable Legal services if applicable
- With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with the required services and improving your stay, for example:
- External service providers: IT sub-contractors, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers.
We would not use your personal information to enable contact to be made with you by a third party.
International transmission of data We may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may be in countries offering different levels of personal data protection. The Hari employs appropriate measures to ensure secure transfer of your personal data to an external recipient located in a country offering a different level of privacy from that proposed in the country where the personal data is collected. The Hari is not responsible for any breach of law outside the United Kingdom that might occur as a result of the storage or use of data in the manner described above.
We would like to send you information about products and services of The Hari which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com or click the unsubscribe link at the footer of any of our marketing emails.
- Storage of data
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting, or accounting purposes. We’ll also hold on to your information if reasonably necessary and we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- Access and modification
You have the right to access your personal data collected by The Diplomat hotel and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
For more on The Diplomat Hotel’s Terms and Conditions, please click here.